May 3, 2011

Progress on Wakfu!

 For the subs to display properly, download this .zip containing the font and muxing instructions.

Episode 5: The Magnificent 5

Full-sized Screenshots: 01 02 03 04
Download the subs: [MF]

Episode 7: Poisonous

Full-sized Screenshots: 01 02 03 04
Download the subs: [MF]

Episode 13: Blue Calm

Full-sized Screenshots: 01 02 03 04
Download the subs: [MF]

So far, episodes 5, 7, and 13 have been fully edited.

I chose these because their subtitles struck as me as the worst out of the bunch so far. This is going solely by the DVD Rips. In fact, some of the subtitles translations were better in their previous TV-Rip incarnations.
It struck me quite noticeably in Episode 5. The subtitle translations were mostly the same, but one had translation notes and worse grammar in places than the other.

I ended up styling the subtitles a little bit, as you can see. The default font began to annoy me so I searched for something simple, clean, and easy on the eyes to use. So they're fairly plain but look much, much better than the old subtitles.
You can see the differences in the very first image compared to the one from my previous post (Bare in mind that I had already edited the text at this point. I just took out a word later on for the sake of simplicity.)

Finally, all credits previously displayed at the beginning of the subtitles themselves are not actually removed. They're now labeled as comments in the .ass file.

Enjoy.

Original subtitles by: Frenchy Anon (5) the Flower-patterned-shirt-wearing Radiant Destiny (5, 7) and Zograf. (13)

No comments:

Post a Comment